Presented byILA Awards Committee and the Adult Reading Round Table (ARRT)
This award recognizes excellence in the planning, development and delivery of readers’ advisory service to adults and teens and has been created in accordance with the mission statement of the Adult Reading Round Table: “to promote readers’ advisory skills and reading for pleasure through libraries.” Readers’ advisory is the ability to connect readers with materials that will satisfy their desire for something to read for pleasure.
Nominees must demonstrate one or more of the following:
- Development of specialized or innovative programs or services;
- Active participation in professional organizations (at the local, state, or national level), including the planning and presentation of programs and/or workshops designed to enhance the quality of readers’ advisory service;
- Influence and/or cooperation with persons and organizations within the local community to encourage reading and discussion
- Publication of books and/or articles that promote high quality readers’ advisory service and offer methods for strengthening readers’ advisory skills;
- Participation in research projects that contribute to the knowledge and expertise of readers’ advisory practitioners
Nominations are due May 15, 2023
For more information please visit the ILA Readers’ Advisory Service Award page.