- This event has passed.
Genre Study: Audiobooks – Sure Bets and Introduction
February 2 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Jez Layman will be leading the introduction to audiobooks and we will have a discussion on “sure bets.” Please listen to one audiobook that could be considered a “sure bet.” Below is a list of suggestions, but you are free to choose something else.
- With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo, narrated by the author – Audies for Best Narration by Author(s) and finalist for Best Young Adult Audiobook, 2020
- Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi, narrated by Bahni Turpin – Audiobook of the Year, 2019
- Piranesi by Susanna Clarke, narrated by Chiwetel Ejiofor – Audie for Audiobook of the Year, 2021
- Fair Warning by Michael Connelly, narrated by Peter Giles, Zach Villa – Audie for Mystery, 2021
- Local Woman Missing by Mary Kubica, narrated by Brittany Pressley, Jennifer Jill Araya, Gary Tiedemann, and Jesse Vilinsky – Audie for Best Thriller/Suspense Audiobook of 2022
- Becoming by Michelle Obama, narrated by the author – Audie for Best Autobiography/Memoir, 2020
- Born a Crime by Trevor Noah, narrated by the author – Audie for Best Male Narrator, 2018
- Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir, narrated by Ray Porter – Audie for Audiobook of the Year 2022 (note: Audible exclusive)
- The Autobiography of Malcolm X by Malcolm X, narrated by Laurence Fishburne, Audies for Best Autobiography/Memoir and Best Male Narrator, 2021